ADVERTISEMENT

6A Over or Under: Are They Better This Year?

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
6A Over or Under: Are They Better This Year?
J Grine of NMPreps.com

ixHjHmS.jpg

At NMPreps.com we have the freedom to ask the questions on our high school football teams and give the roundtable chat that you are either having with your buddy, who also follows the game or arguing with the local 'crazy' fan.

Well, today we take the barbershop talk and look at which unit, player or team will be better or a tad under from the previous season.

District 1
District 1-6A: 4-teams in the state tournament
Over/Under?: This one is a bit of a tricky question with the alignment and moving to only four district, so essentially you want to say yes. I do. Over. Cleveland, Rio Rancho and Volcano Vista are nearly automatic unless they stop playing football. However you who gets the the other bid? Kayzon Martin led Cibola Cougars or the Texas Tech commit Dylan Weaver of Piedra Vista? That I don't know, maybe both?

District 2
Eldorado: 10 wins
Over/Under?: Well, another question that seems to be a under.... and that is what I pick here. Yes, they have the coach, they have some talent in a few NMPreps.com Top 100 New Mexico Prospects including the "Beast from Eldorado" in Elias Baker a 5-foot-8, 250 pound running back. I will say under but only because the District is better this season. I haven't seen the schedule yet and I honestly want to pick EVEN on this one but for now under but a close under. Maybe, 9-wins?

District 3
Hobbs: 3,641 passing yards
Over/Under?: Right now, you want to quickly reply Under. I wanted too but the key word is wanted too. Then I looked and yes Charles Gleghorn is still the head coach the mastermind at having QB's that will let it fly. I'm not to sure the replacement for Isaac Amaya who threw for 3,641 yards last season and the back-up seemed to be Blake Moore a class of 2017 prospect. Only two throw under his varsity belt for 8 yards. So, only 3,633 to go right? Well, for a betting man's sake I say OVER.

District 4
Jacob Garduno: 93-tackles
Over/Under: I wanted to pick wins or a state tournament bid. However, I already used both of those topics and they are both OVER. I like West Mesa. Coach McMath has placed his identity on this program and they have some workhorses. One player I like and who led the District in tackles last season is Jacob Garduno. I can say over.. by 20-tackles. A reach? Maybe so but this kid has obviously put some work in this summer.

Reactions: kyle h
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News