ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News Dylan Weaver Makes Commitment

kyle h

Hendo
Feb 3, 2005
New Mexico
Dylan Weaver Picks Texas Tech

q1xtxrrbdezizuhygnvi

Farmington, New Mexico - Earlier on Tuesday June 7th, the Texas Tech Red Raiders picked up their sixth commitment from the Class of 2017 landing Casey Verhulst a 6-foot-6, 285 pound offensive tackle out of Plano, Texas.

The Red Raiders landed commitment number seven with Dylan Weaver out of Farmington, New Mexico committing Tuesday evening. Weaver is a 6-foot-6, 280 pound offensive tackle out of Piedra Vista High School that selected Tech over New Mexico, San Diego State, and Georgia State.

“It’s obviously a big program and when I saw that Casey committed that left one spot open for the offensive line and I knew that if I didn’t commit to Tech it would be something I would wonder about and would likely regret later in life. The opportunity to play for a program like Texas Tech is huge,” said Weaver Tuesday evening.”

Weaver is the third New Mexico prospect from the Class of 2017 to commit following Los Lunas Running Back O’Maury Samuels who committed to Michigan and Matthew Young from Onate who committed to New Mexico State.

“Dylan is a big kid and even at 280 pounds, he doesn’t have much body fat. From tip of the finger to tip of the finger he has a 80 inch wing span and moves really well. During Coach Eric Morris’ visit they had Dylan perform some pass drops and really liked what they saw,” Said Piedra Vista Head Coach Jarrod Howell.

Weaver plans to make a visit to Lubbock, Texas during the 12th and 13th of June.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News