ADVERTISEMENT

Grine: Rapid Fire with Artesia WR Braxton McDonald

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
NMPreps.com site manager Joshua Griñe chats with another one of our top prospects in New Mexico high school football. Artesia WR Braxton McDonald takes time to share his story with us.

Full name: Braxton Cole McDonald

Jersey Number: 10

Why that number: I had it freshman year so I decided to stick with it throughout high school.

Favorite football player: Odell Beckham Jr.

Favorite team: NY Giants

Who does your game resemble: Tyreek Hill and Julian Edelman are guys I love to study and learn from.

Any nicknames: My teammates call me B or Brackie

Who got you into football: My family

If you had a super power what would it be: Speed like the Flash

Favorite cartoon/tv show growing up: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

If you won the lottery what would you buy: I would invest in an outreach program for small communities that would allow kids to have the same facilities and opportunities I did growing up.

Looking at colleges what are you looking for in a school: A school that prides itself academically and allows me to grow as a student athlete.

Do you think your team is a state champion contender next season: Yes, we are hungry for a championship and have a lot of experienced guys coming back this year. Cord Cox, Johntae Rodriguez, Marcos Tavera and Jayven Ortega. These are some seniors that have been working hard and are going to have big roles in our success.

Favorite memory or memories playing football for Artesia: My first varsity game in the Bulldog Bowl. Walking down the ramp and seeing the crowd for the first time is something I’ll never forget.

What is it like playing for Artesia: It’s been an unforgettable experience being apart of all of the Bulldog traditions. As a student athlete, it’s a blessing to receive all of the love and support our community brings to our high school events.

I would like to add a special shoutout to my parents, all of my coaches, and to my trainer TJ Palma for all the support.

Similiar Content
Grine: Rapid Fire with Sam Carrell (Sandia High School)
Grine: Rapid Fire with Zach Vigil (Rio Rancho High School)
Grine: Rapid Fire with Tyler Kiehne (Los Lunas, NM)
Grine: Rapid Fire with Chance Harris (Clovis, NM)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.