ADVERTISEMENT

Week 14: More Bracket Talk. Compare the Resumes and Some Flaws

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Using this thread to compare the resumes to the "no way" or the "they shouldn't be" posts, texts and emails.

First one - Santa Fe vs La Cueva - 6A Bubble

1. Finish in regular season district play - La Cueva (Runner Up)
2. Head to Head: None
3. Wins Against DC's: Santa Fe (1), La Cueva (1)
4. Overall Record: La Cueva 10 wins vs Santa Fe 9 Wins
5. Ranking: La Cueva 15, Santa 16
6. Input Form (Where Grine Chimes IN)

1. Santa Fe High in District 2-6A could finish second/third like La Cueva. Compare the strength of District. It's like comparing Runner Up from Mountian West to Fifth Place in ACC. (Might be exaggerating.) I side with Santa Fe. La Cueva is 1-3 against District 1-6A.
2. No Comment. Really Can't unless we have a play in game.
3. La Cueva beat Valley that is good however how much does time play into it. Santa Fe beat West from 4A but a really good 4A at that. I still side with La Cueva.
4. Overall Record: About the same but here is why I side with Santa Fe at 9 wins to La Cueva 10 wins. Santa Fe could likely have 10 wins if they played in 2-6A. Would La Cueva still have 10 wins if they played in 1-6A? Maybe should be a wash but I give the nod to Santa Fe.
5. A wash. Both a 15/16 but would Santa Fe High rise in the ranking if they played in 2-6A with a few more W's? Would La Cueva be 16 instead of 15 if they played in 1-6A at this point? Something to think about.
6. Maybe Santa Fe but it is a coin flip. La Cueva is 1-3 vs 1-6A. Santa Fe is 0-1 vs 2-6A.

Reactions: Rockhound94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News