ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK 14 - Saturday Swish

Apollo221

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Feb 13, 2013
Albuquerque
Here's a look and quick word on the final district tournament championship games scheduled for today. Also, keep an eye out on updates throughout the day and night today and tomorrow on girls hoops projections for ALL classes.

Don't be afraid to share what your bracket looks like: Your State Tournament

Check out and share any new, updated, or corrected stats: Top Players of Week 14

And share your takes or reactions to this week heading into next week: Reactions and Takeways

Also, don't forget your player nominations and coaches nominations. Very important.

And for all the up-to-date District Tournament information, CLICK HERE.

CLASS 5A

District 1 - Cleveland at Volcano Vista
Cleveland hasn't had a statement win this district season until they finally defeated Rio Rancho after losing 6-straight meetings. Not sure it helps Cleveland to win but everyone likes championship hardware.

District 2 - West Mesa at Piedra Vista at 6PM
Part III and this one is critical for PV. A win and they'll likely jump ahead of Hobbs again for one last push for the #1 rankings (right now, they're back out at the 2-seed). A loss and they'll have to settle for the 2-seed. West Mesa can't improve their position, but can get some hardware and a road win on PV's court.

District 4 - Carlsbad at Hobbs at 6PM
Hobbs has to win to maintain their grip on the 1-seed. A loss to Carlsbad again at home would cost them. Carlsbad is just looking to put on a better game than their dismal start to the playoff game from Monday.

District 5 - Albuquerque at Sandia at 2PM
Albuquerque has won three games this week and in this fourth game might run out of fuel. They're one of my favorite teams to watch though but Sandia has too much firepower and talent.

CLASS 4A

District 2 - Los Alamos at Pojoaque Valley
The last time these two teams played in Ben Lujan there was blown leads, overtimes, and missed free throws. This one should be another classic. Then again, I think Pojoaque is sick and tired of close games at home and want the blowout win.

District 3 - Santa Teresa at Silver
Silver wins. That is all.

District 5 - St. Pius X at Los Lunas
SPX narrowly escaped against Grants at home, but now face a bad mismatch. Pius' strength all season long has been their defense. But again, I don't think they have the offense to keep up with Los Lunas.

District 6 - Hope Christian at Highland
These two will clash again. I don't like the long layover for both teams so maybe there's some rust early that allows Hope to maybe take the lead. A win here for Hope would be huge but likely not in the projected seeding.

CLASS 3A

District 3 - Cobre at Hatch Valley
Cobre's Skkyla Guck and company have willed their way to the district finale against Hatch Valley. I'd put Hatch on upset watch, but I'm fairly certain they've been hard at work to avoid another home loss like the one they had against Socorro. This one should be fun to see.

District 5 - Laguna-Acoma at Sandia Prep
If you're not into big school hoops but want some wild, possibly thrilling basketball? This one might be for you. LA got the big win at Cuba and now get the rematch they've been wanting. Laguna-Acoma has done well enough each time against Prep but until LA can put two quality road wins together I'm out on the Lady Hawks and high on the Sundevils.

CLASS 2A

District 2 - ATC at McCurdy
McCurdy in this one.

District 4 - Jal at Loving
They'll meet for the fifth time this season today. Jal is 0-4 and had to cause controversy before giving in to a playoff game with Loving. Now Jal is playing for an auto-bid on the line. It could possible knock out Cloudcroft out of the tournament! Or even Tse' Yi' Gai or Newcomb.

CLASS 1A

District 1 - Jemez Valley at Pine Hill
Jemez Valley is good but I don't think nearly as good as Pine Hill. Pine Hill wins big.

District 2 - Quemado at Cliff
Quemado can't improve their seeding with a win but since they were swept by Cliff all district season, I'm sure they want to steal this title game in Cliff.

Reactions: J Grine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News