ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5: Grine's Picks

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Week 5: Grine's Picks

Hello friends I am back again this week with Grine's picks that seem to fail when I put some thought into the picks. Last week I returned for this feature, for the second time this season, and returned with my worst week in Pick'Ems. The two weeks without the feature and I was in the top-10 leaderboard. So I will start with an apology to those who I pick - if you're a poster then you might decide to change your pick. Without further ado the best of the worst picks! However, remember the Browns won last night so I do have hope...open those fridges!

List of Games
West Las Vegas @ Hatch Valley + 400 pts (WLV is the upset 450 pts)
Artesia @ Cleveland +400 pts (Artesia is the upset 475 pts)
Hot Springs @ NMMI +375 pts either way
Socorro @ Robertson +400 pts either way
Santa Teresa @ Valencia +375 pts (Valencia is the upset 475 pts)
Bloomfield @ Hope Christian + 475 pts either way
Los Lunas @ Cibola + 425 pts (Cibola is the upset 475 pts)
Dexter @ Eunice + 475 pts either way
La Cueva @ Rio Rancho + 400 pts (Rio Rancho is the upset 500 pts)
Mayfield @ Carlsbad + 450 pts either way
Submit your picks here.

Picks
West Las Vegas @ Hatch Valley + 400 pts (WLV is the upset 450 pts)
Pick: Hatch Valley (+400)
Why: Nothing like a green chile cheeseburger and the choice has to be chile from Hatch. Although I enjoy the restaraunts in Las Vegas they just haven't been hot as of late and I can't bet on them this week.

Artesia @ Cleveland +400 pts (Artesia is the upset 475 pts)
Pick: Cleveland +400
Why: I have to go with Cleveland. We know I like to reach but Cleveland could be 13-0 when the season concludes and that is not a bold statement. Also, it's homecoming week in Rio Rancho and all of that excitement will just allow for Cleveland to show their worthy of a number one rank.

Hot Springs @ NMMI +375 pts either way
Pick: Hot Springs (+375)
Why: Hot Springs is the slight favorite here and in a true pick'em I would go with the Tigers.

Socorro @ Robertson +400 pts either way
Pick: Socorro (+400)
Why: Here I go with my reach. I am taking Socorro but this one could have been a 1987 quarter game. I didn't use it yet but I should have. So how did I come up with this pick? Warriors hunt Cardinals (and if they don't, they would win, right?). I told you folks my picks my picks are scientific.

Santa Teresa @ Valencia +375 pts (Valencia is the upset 475 pts)
Pick: Santa Teresa (+375)
Why: I had to go with my head and not my heart.

Bloomfield @ Hope Christian + 475 pts either way
Pick: Hope (+475)
Why: Who didn't like the movie White Fang growing up? That movie was legit and very underrated. Oh yeah, the Huskies have allowed under 10 points this season. Husky - Wolf same thing, right?

Los Lunas @ Cibola + 425 pts (Cibola is the upset 475 pts)
Pick: Cibola (+475)
Why: Hello shiny friend. No not my bald head but the 1987 coin.

Dexter @ Eunice + 475 pts either way
Pick: Eunice +475
Why: I join the group and Eunice is another team that has the legit chance to go undefeated this season. Dexter is good but Eunice has that special team.

La Cueva @ Rio Rancho + 400 pts (Rio Rancho is the upset 500 pts)
Pick: La Cueva (+400)
Why: La Cueva is the favorite for a reason.

Mayfield @ Carlsbad + 450 pts either way
Pick: Carlsbad (+450)
Why: Trojan or Cavemen fight in the gladiator pit, who do you have? I think I'm taking the Caveman in a General Maximus Decimus way. It's time they get to the playoffs.

If I'm right: 4,225 points
Over/Under: 3,800 (any takers?)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News