ADVERTISEMENT

Hot or Not Feature: It's Early But Six Red Hot

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Today, we just take a quick spotlight and a few teams who are red hot to start the season. Yes, even only a game or two in this year we will take a look as team progress throughout the year.

UNRANKED BUT NOT UNKOWN NOW

Roswell (1-0): Yes, it was only a single game but the way that the Lady Coyotes demolished No. 19 Ruidoso was unexpected. In the first game it was (25-5) followed up by (25-12, 25-14) in the final two games of this match.

Santa Teresa (2-0): During week one they did work with the sweep over 6A-Deming, 3-0. This week they continued putting in the work topping 4A-Hatch Valley, 3-0.

Miyamura (1-0): Not much credit was given to the Lady Patriots of Miyamura during the preseason coverage. For a matter of fact we (I) picked them last in District 1-5A. The Patriots did work beating Belen during the opener, 3-1.

RANKED BUT NOT SATISFIED

No. 12 Mayfield (2-0): The Trojans hit the road in the opening two games and they immediately put their stamp on the season. During week one they took out Carlsbad 3-0 (25-9, 25-19, 25-12) and controlled the entire game. This week they beat up on the Tigers early (25-14) followed by (25-19, 25-22) games but have proven to be a team to reckon with.

No. 24 Santa Fe (1-0): Well, I had to add them here because I counted them out as a possible upset alert watch to the unranked Valencia Jaguars. The Lady Demons went down early but recovered to win the final three games winning the match, 3-2 on the road.

No. 3 Centennial (2-1): Even though they lost the opener the Lady Hawks have recovered in impressive fashion taking out Gadsden and Hobbs with ease.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News