ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Coffee: Week 10 Storylines

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Saturday Coffee: Week 10 Storylines

Not much changed on Friday night but teams are starting to take their seat at the playoff table. We did see some teams that have likely been placed on the elimination table and this morning with Saturday morning coffee we try to recap all of the happenings from last night.

District Championship Games Set: Los Lunas blanked Del Norte in one quarter (57-0) and Belen took out Highland 62-14 setting up a noon DC in Los Lunas for the Valencia County squads. Rio Rancho mercy ruled Volcano Vista, 57-7 and Cleveland shutout West Mesa, 54-0, setting up an all Rio Rancho district championship next weekend.

Upsets: Robertson beat St. Michael's 44-7, and yes we are all aware of how many players were out for St. Michael's but this loss shakes up the order in which teams will take a seat at the 3A playoffs. Raton in control of the district now and most likely to lock up the 1-seed.

November Awaits: In consecutive weeks the New Mexico Military Institute beat the team ranked one place higher. This week was a convincing showing beating No. 6 Hope Christian, 42-27. The Colts now in the conversation for a top-four seed in the 3A bracket.

New Kids on the Block: Juan Badillo (2022) helped guide the NMMI Colts to their win over Hope Christian on Friday night. Badillo passed for 138-yards and rushed for another 110-yards in the win. Darrell Ochieng (2022) was on the other end of Badillo passes with 107 yards receiving on the night. He also had 79-yards rushing on the night.

President & Vice President: Vigil and Priddy 2021 is the headline for the Rams offense this season. Running back Zach Vigil rushed for three touchdowns on Friday night with quarterback Dominck Priddy totaling for four touchdowns - 2 passing, 2 rushing.

Underclassmen Shine: The Cleveland Storm moved along with ease 54-0 over West Mesa on Friday night. The underclassmen for the Storm owned the end zone for the Storm with the following players getting a TD in the win - Evan Wysong, Elijah Brody (2024), Zachary Beranek (2023), Chuka Tutman (2023), and Harris Moneh (2023).

Matadors Eye Playoffs: The Sandia Matadors made the trip east to Clovis and beat the home team 41-14. This puts Sandia around the 9-11 seed range and secure a playoff birth. The Matador duo of Sean Johnson and Dalton Speis had four touchdowns between the two of them. The Matadors are now tied with Eldorado for second place in district at 3-1. Sandia finishes with Manzano next week. Eldorado takes on Clovis.

District Champs: La Cueva beat Manzano 47-6 to claim the DC on 2-6A. Centennial finished off Hobbs 35-18 to win 3-6A.

Just Scores
Animas 68, Mountainair 28 - F
Artesia 35, Goddard 21 - F
Belen 62, Highland 14 - F
Bloomfield 54, Gallup 2 - F
Capitan 41, Lordsburg 0 - F
Carlsbad 34, Organ Mountain 20 - F
Centennial 35, Hobbs 18 - F
Cleveland 54, West Mesa 0 - F
Deming 50, Chaparral 0 - F
Dexter 50, Tucumcari 0 - F
Estancia 63, Escalante 20 - F
Eunice 46, Loving 6 - F
Farmington 55, Capital 0 - F
Gateway Christian 53, Elida 0 - F
Jal 60, Hagerman 6 - F
Kirtland Central 20, Aztec 14 - F
La Cueva 47, Manzano 6 - F
Los Lunas 57, Del Norte 0 - F
Lovington 46, Ruidoso 14 - F
Melrose 62, Logan 36 - F
NMMI 42, Hope Christian 27 - F
Ramah 46, Hondo Valley 24 - F
Rio Rancho 57, Volcano Vista 7 - F
Robertson 44, St. Michael's 7 - F
Roy 37, Clovis Christian 16 - F
Sandia 41, Clovis 14 - F
Silver 12, Portales 0 - F
Socorro 54, Cobre 17 - F
Tatum 54, Ft. Sumner 34 - F
Texico 27, Santa Rosa 13 - F
Thoreau 47, Crownpoint 20 - F
Valencia 6, Bernalillo 0 - F
Zuni 18, Newcomb 6 - F

What Happens on Saturday
Albuquerque (2-6) at Santa Fe (5-4)
Dulce (2-6) at Pine Hill (0-7)
Magdalena (4-3) at Menaul (5-2)
Miyamura (2-6) at Los Alamos (3-5)
St. Pius X (6-2) at Grants (1-7)
Taos (4-4) at Pojoaque Valley (4-3)

Grine: Well, coffee is limited to once a week and I am feeling bougie with Dunkin Donuts coffee. Yes, I know it's not that fancy but when the budget is pennies you save up ten for a nice cup. The creamer is Oatmilk. Never used creamer until this year, it's good. I still prefer black coffee but if I can only have a cup a week I'll put it in. Have a great Saturday folks. Go Notre Dame. It's my sons birthday party so say a prayer as I'll have 9-year olds all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey C and ANR1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News