ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Pro/Rel in NMAA Boys Soccer

sthsfutbol

Senior (Captain)
Jun 17, 2013
I got to reading some threads about the realignment, that led me to read an article about how AZ redid their system that uses a promotion/relegation type system. (I cant find that link anymore). So I started to think what that would do to boys soccer here in NM.

So, I probably wasted too much time in putting this together, but let me quickly explain what I did.

I took the past 4 years worth of boys W/L records from the NMSoccer webpage. NOTE: not all teams enter their info here, as will be evident, but it is the easiest place to find all the past seasons W/L in one place.

I then summed the total W/L per team over those four years (as per the data) to see who would be "promoted or relegated" according to the data.

I then created what I called "Fantasty 6A" "Fantasy 5A" and "Fantasy 4A" and the districts within each. The final product is the document you can find at this link. It is a Google Sheets file, so I hope most of you can at least view it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14riHNpPnwYbbHpJjLY0dY0KIH0qJSkT2qIGn3Z7cIdE/edit?usp=sharing

It shapes up pretty similar to current alignment, the districts wouldnt be too far off from what we currently see now. Of course over a few more 4yr cycles there would be more movement, maybe a Bosque or Sandia Prep to "6A" but with a four year block the 4-8 schools moving up/down would pretty much know their fate by year 3. The number of teams per district might fluctuate every 4 years but it wouldnt be anything AD's/NMAA couldnt foresee by year 3.

If anyone wants the raw data let me know and I can send/give you the file link so you can DL and mess around with it yourself.

Enjoy!

NOTES:
**The W/L is from NMSoccer.com - if there are wins/losses missing....not my fault.
**I did NOT take into account, state/district titles or playoff appearances...I know that is something AZ uses in there classification systems to move teams up/down.
**I tried to use current districting to keep the "fantasy" districts the same, but they of course can be debated.
**If my wife finds out that this was the "thing for work" that I was working on yesterday....wont be happy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News