ADVERTISEMENT

Grine: Unsigned Prospects That Need To Player College Basketball

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Today, I take a list of players that are unsigned at the moment and I still don't know why they are left on the board.

1. Johnny McCants, F, Onate HS
Level: Division-1/JUCO
Skinny: It's unknown why McCants is on the board still. There are rumors floating on why but nothing said at this moment. Surely the only division one basketball talent at the moment so it's a bit hard to see him unsigned still or uncommitted.

2. Holt Shelley, F, Cliff HS
Level: JC/D2/NAIA
Skinny: The biggest diamond in the rough in the state is Shelley. How any team (ESPECIALLY WESTERN NM) could pass on him seems insane. If you seen him warm up his range goes well beyond the three point line, powerful off the block and can dribble. Oh yeah could be a 6'8 wing at the college level.

3. Richie Lucero, W, Grants HS
Level: JUCO/D-2/NAIA
Skinny: Another prospect that it's strange to see on the board still. A lefty wing that can penetrate, shoot and has basketball instinct. Could spend time at a JC and who knows be like Jacob Holland as a D-1 signee after a year or two at the JC level.

4. Daniel Amador, W, Roswell HS
Level: D2/NAIA
Skinny: Much like many on this list he could head the JC route or D2 route but Amador is a player who should be playing someplace next season. If I'm NMMI or Eastern, especially Western I take him.

5. Eric Coca, G, Capital HS
Level: D2/NAIA
Skinny: Any D2 team in the state or surrounding state would get a steal in Coca. Also, a JC in the surrounding area might take a look at him and who knows what he could develop into.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News