ADVERTISEMENT

MLB draft

ANR1

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2014
Kyle Bradish, a RHP from NMSU, went to the Diamondbacks in the 4th round. The Mets took UNM RHP Christian Tripp in the 13th round. No other college or HS players from NM taken yet, to my knowledge.

Avery Tuck, an outfielder at NM Junior College, was drafted in the 17th round by Detroit.

Mitchell Parker of Manzano selected by the Cubs in the 28th round.

Our cousin, RJ Dabovich, originally from Raton was selected in the 18th round. Great kid and family, so proud of him.

Reactions: hardball2001
Albuquerque Academy’s AJ Bregman 35 round

Per James Yodice of the Abq Journal

"Interesting development. Just talked to Mitchell Parker. Obviously draft didn't go as he would have liked. Asked him about his intentions ... what he said surprised me. Said he has given a verbal commitment to San Jacinto JC in Texas and will go there if Cubs don't sign him."

"Interesting development. Just talked to Mitchell Parker. Obviously draft didn't go as he would have liked. Asked him about his intentions ... what he said surprised me. Said he has given a verbal commitment to San Jacinto JC in Texas and will go there if Cubs don't sign him."
Sure elgibilty has something to do with this

Man, that is two really crappy comments you made about some New Mexico KIDS. Look we all get that you are disappointed in how things have played out with your son, but to take jabs at other kids is complete garbage. How about congratulate them, wish them luck, and work on your own back yard slick.

Reactions: 2BDawg
Man, that is two really crappy comments you made about some New Mexico KIDS. Look we all get that you are disappointed in how things have played out with your son, but to take jabs at other kids is complete garbage. How about congratulate them, wish them luck, and work on your own back yard slick.
I am just stating facts. I don't have a son in the race... He has long gone through HS and Minor League baseball.

I am just stating facts. I don't have a son in the race... He has long gone through HS and Minor League baseball.
I stand corrected. With all the nonsense you have posted all year about Las Cruces, I incorrectly assumed you had a son in the race. My bad. Doesn't change the fact that your comments are mean spirited garbage.

I stand corrected. With all the nonsense you have posted all year about Las Cruces, I incorrectly assumed you had a son in the race. My bad. Doesn't change the fact that your comments are mean spirited garbage.
Assumptions are shit. My don't want to cruces and I had a family member play for Cruces last 4 years. With that said...... Not a jab to point out one kid who was drafted wouldn't even be the best LH pitcher in 3A... Come on man everyone knows that's a feel good family thing, kid will never play college ball much less pro. Parker is a stud no doubt and will play one day for sure but we all know what that is about. For 2 years now people assume that Lively is my son..... Not even close... I do have his dad's # if you want to call him?

No it has something to do with San Jac being a place that will get him better and he will still have the chance to get drafted in a year. Pretty ridiculous to make a comment like that without any facts.

Assumptions are shit. My don't want to cruces and I had a family member play for Cruces last 4 years. With that said...... Not a jab to point out one kid who was drafted wouldn't even be the best LH pitcher in 3A... Come on man everyone knows that's a feel good family thing, kid will never play college ball much less pro. Parker is a stud no doubt and will play one day for sure but we all know what that is about. For 2 years now people assume that Lively is my son..... Not even close... I do have his dad's # if you want to call him?
Why would I want to call Lively's dad? I'm calling you out on your garbage comments.

Reactions: KSC14
Whoa!!! Alex has some pull to get that to happen!
Kid I really feel bad for is gangwish was at school of mines had a monster year.. kid was average last year obviously put the work in and kicked some ### this year.. shocked he didnt get a call.. Correa brother I believe was also drafted by Houston..

Seriously???? Its strategic move Parker and his family. Puts pressure on Cubs to sign him or they lose him next year. This isn’t an eligibility thing, actually a genius move! Good Luck to Parker, hope Cubs give the kid his money and sign him!

Or if your the Cubs cheaper to sign a kid who is no longer committed to a 4 year school with a genius pitching coach. Either way good luck to the kid so much upside

Seriously???? Its strategic move Parker and his family. Puts pressure on Cubs to sign him or they lose him next year. This isn’t an eligibility thing, actually a genius move! Good Luck to Parker, hope Cubs give the kid his money and sign him!
Seems like the leverage works the other way. The Cubs don’t care much if they miss out on a 28th round pick, so they can throw out an offer of their choosing and tell him to take it or leave it.

Whatever happens, I wish the best for Mitchell.

Andrew Pratt put up MONSTER numbers at LCU. Very surprising there also.

On the other stuff...there are many reasons why guys get drafted here and there and why guys go JC or not.

The media and other people know what is going on but sometimes they don’t want to report certain things because it’s not a perfect story. Sometimes you do have to read between the lines.

Seems like the leverage works the other way. The Cubs don’t care much if they miss out on a 28th round pick, so they can throw out an offer of their choosing and tell him to take it or leave it.

Whatever happens, I wish the best for Mitchell.

I’m not sure there is a ton of money to throw at 28th round picks. Bonuses to players after round 10 in excess of $125,000 count against a team’s total allotment. Sometimes teams will offer over $125,000 to players after the 10th round and it is generally to high schoolers. Parker is in a good position to get bonus money, but it will depend if the Cubs burn their entire allotment in the first 10 rounds. Too many factors to know how much of a bonus he’ll be offered, but the average for high school players in the later rounds is around $95,000 (read that in a recent article). Good luck to Parker-I’m rooting for him wherever he goes.

Reactions: ANR1
Maybe I am a little naive about this stuff, but pre draft the journal ran a story that Parker was going to most likely not go to Tennessee and sign professionally. I thought that story was odd that you would announce that prior to the draft. I could be wrong, but the biggest bargaining chip you have is a scholarship to a four year school, especially an SEC school.

Why would I want to call Lively's dad? I'm calling you out on your garbage comments.
You're a everyone gets a trophy guy aren't you? Come on man.... Bergman brother won't even pitch at UNM but got drafted? Not his fault but don't act like u got drafted because of your skills... Even in his intervierw he said he had a decision to make. He could come back and play 5A ball next year and not be the best pitcher. Just saying

You're a everyone gets a trophy guy aren't you? Come on man.... Bergman brother won't even pitch at UNM but got drafted? Not his fault but don't act like u got drafted because of your skills... Even in his intervierw he said he had a decision to make. He could come back and play 5A ball next year and not be the best pitcher. Just saying
You're a clown

Saw in twitter that Mitchell Parker signed with San Jacinto College Gators. I assume the idea is to move up in the draft next year after playing a year of JUCO ball. Is Silseth still going to Tennessee?

Who do you scout for???? Just wondering cause obviously someone see something you don't.

I'm offended by your posts on these kids. The Bregmans are friends and so what if he got drafted. More power to him. Fuentes on the isotopes did not get drafted but he kept getting better and now he's about to be called up to the Rockies . You don't know the kids work ethic or his potential.

Over on the football board they talk about who the greater football player if all time is. Some say Mickey Reeves. I don't even come close to agreeing. But do you realize Mickey Reeves received a free agent contract from the Cubs and he never played baseball . He went to a tryout and was signed. Why was he signed??? Potential . After the first 3 rounds players are usually drafted on potential. How many of those guys make it to the big leagues and big contracts??? Quite a few.

My advice is to sit back and watch. I bet he does much better than you think .

Reactions: Yanceyjimmy
Joey, Reeves was drafted by Chicago in the 12th round. That goes to show you just how amazing of an athlete the guy was!

Reactions: BigDaddyCooI
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT