ADVERTISEMENT

This is why people hate Hobbs

PB&Jelly

High School Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2006
Roswell, NM
Yesterday in a freshman boys basketball game, Hobbs was ahead by 30+ points. With 2 and a 1/2 minutes left in the game the Hobbs coach pulls the kids on the court and puts the starters back in and starts pressing again.

The looks on those Hobbs kids faces when they got pulled was pure dejection! What was he trying to prove? So you win by 36 instead of 28-30 points. He didn't hurt the psyche of the losing team, they already knew they didn't play well and were beat but absolutely killed his own kid's psyche by not letting them get that precious time on the court. They probably only get to play in blowouts so why not let them finish the game? They will never get that time back. The Hobbs bench kids will only remember that they got yanked cause of a piss poor coach's ego ride.

I never want to see a kid get hurt, but you just wish one of those Hobbs starters would have gotten hurt during that time so that you can tell the a$@hole coach "that's what you get for putting them back in". The guy doesn't deserve to be working with kids. Gives coaches a bad image and name when he pulls crap like this!! And don't give me it's a Hobbs tradition or that if you don't want to be beat bad then just get better. At the freshman level that coach has a responsibility to develop those kids, ALL OF THEM not just the few that get to play all the time. Off my soap box and thanks for the venting!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News