ADVERTISEMENT

Vista at Hobbs...Ugly, Ugly And Ugly

J. Reksat

High School Assistant Coach
Aug 21, 2012
First the scores...Hobbs girls beat Eldorado Friday by 23 points 73-40. Hobbs boys beat Eldorado Friday by 26 points 83-57. The Hobbs girls beat the defending champs of Volcano Vista by 46-39. Hobbs boys beat Volcano Vista by 19 points 59-40. Hopefully the girls can maybe move up a notch to number 8 this week on nmpreps. Helpful hint...the Hobbs girls are already #5 on maxpreps. They have now won 9 of last 10 games.

I only ever mention officiating when it is ugly. Tonight was grizzly. When asked about it on post game interviews, Coach Smith said "It was the worst he has seen in a long time." He also went on about how the refs main job is to protect the kids from injuries. Giving them as much credit as possible, they officiated two intense games in a row as they did the boys and girls games. That situation should be avoided. I have never seen these refs before but I was told they were from Portales. It was not just bad calls it was ridiculous no calls and just phantom calls out of nowhere. I have not seen a Hobbs crowd get that pissed off in a long time. Other than the lusty booing in the first half for stalling and stalling and stalling and deliberately passing up wide open shots to stall some more. Why would any kid want to play on a team like that? Ridiculous.

More ugly. Bless 6'11" Kelvin Jones heart he missed seven point blank shots in a row which woulda and coulda been 14 extra points in the first half. He came back beautifully in the second half. And, the Eagles spark plug and go-to-guy continued his troubles for the weekend wrecking his scoring average. So, when your two best players can't hit a 56 Buick in the first half then yes the game is close. No problem...Hobbs scorched them in the final quarter winning the game by 19 points. Great coaching job by Vista??? Please.

Most ugly. Visitors for all girls games are allowed to choose any seats available. Firstly, kudos to VV as they brought a lot of fans a long way. They took up a lot of reserved season seats (for the later boys games) which is fine. However, it was very nicely asked of them to vacate the season ticket areas after the end of girls game. There were few that were insulted by this I guess and from that point it was on. I unfortunately was just 2 seats from the action. By the time I got the attention of the police, this one young "lady" from Alb. was screaming that they had been assaulted. She was "assaulted" by a tiny elderly lady less than 5 ft. tall who tripped and barely touched her child's shoulder to brace herself. She quickly apologized but OH NO here came the lying "victim" crap that we see on the news everyday. From there, it got to the point that the hefty Hobbs police had to use force to throw a few of them out of the building. Drive 340 to Hobbs and get hauled out before the big game. Stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News