ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Starting Five: Early On They Are Making Noise

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Starting Five: Early On They Are Making Noise

Matt Vail, Sr, Grants High School: Continues to poor in the points and being in a role this season that has let us see his true talents. Currently at 23 points per game as the Pirates are exceeding expectations.

Triston McCarty, Sr, La Cueva High School: The shooting guard for the Bears is having hands down one of the best years, shooting over 70% from behind the line.

Jose Vigil, Jr, West Mesa High School: The Mustangs guard is playing to his potential and at 20 points per game people are taking notice.

Anthony Chavez, Jr, Valley High School: The junior guard is one we have kept a close eye on this season and he continues to excel, he poured in 30 points, followed by a 22 point performance last week.

Jacob Esquivel, Sr, Lordsburg High School: Small school love right now as Esquivel the stud on the gridiron is also doing work on the hardwood. Had a pair of games with highs of 40 points and 30 points in back to back games.

Sixth Man: Bryce McAlister, Artesia High School. I've given my two cents on how high I am on McAlister. However, all players on this list, I couldn't leave out McAlister who returns to the court this season and could be the best all around in NM this season.

Others Who Have Always Been on the Radar
Juan Hurt, Sr, Rio Rancho
Brenden Boatwright, Sr, Carlsbad

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News