ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6: Grine's Picks

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Week 6: Grine's Picks

Welcome to another week of the most anticipated feature that we have on NMPreps. Yeah, that was a lame line but as I wake up on a very cold morning here in Salt Lake City, UT this week I have hope that my continued drop in the Pick 'Em leaderboard will come to an end.

I took a massive stumble to 40th! Yes, 40th! This after a 2,215 point week. I don't know if I've ever been this far up (I want to say 32nd was my highest. This is only a couple weeks removed from being in the top-10 (I had a good week 3).

Well, here we go! You still have time to change your pick after seeing mine.

Los Lunas @ Goddard +475 pts (LL is the upset 550 pts)
Pick: Goddard
Why: Location and I want to go Los Lunas so I will go against the grain.

Roswell @ Belen +475 pts (Belen is the upset 575 pts)
Pick: Roswell
Why: Well, these Coyotes catch the bird in this cartoon. This is a stronger and wiser Wylie.

Hobbs @ Las Cruces +475 pts either way
Pick: Las Cruces
Why: Yep, you guessed it, this is this weeks 1987 quarter game. When I don't have the .... guts to pick I use the coin.

Valencia at Bloomfied, +500 (Valencia is the upset +575)
Pick: Valencia
Why: I need an upset and nothing like taking the Jags, maybe I'll throw on my good luck red tie for the occasion (it did wonders in the past).

Silver at Ruidoso +575 either way
Pick: Silver
Why: This is a tricky game. Silver is on to their third strong QB, lost top prospect in their center. Clash of great coaching in this contest, a sneaky very good game in the making.

Hope Christian @ Las Alamos +500 pts (LA is the upset 575 pts)
Pick: Hope Christian
Why: Need a sure thing pick, sorry LA.

Loving vs NMMI, +525 (Loving is upset +575)
Pick: NMMI
Why: Well, if you can't beat em join em and maybe you can get a PB and J on this side of the bleachers.

Mayfield @ Onate + 475pts (Onate is the upset +575)
Pick: Mayfield
Why: Imagine a movie with Trojans and Knights battling it out. That would be one I'd likely go watch in a time machine, sharknado type of directing. Oh yeah Mayfield rolls here.

Rio Grande @ Atrisco Heritage +525 pts
Pick: Rio Grande
Why: Why not. They played well against Sandia last week and finally got that dub. Why not another.

Sandia @ Volcano Vista + 475 pts (Sandia is the upset 550 pts)
Pick: Volcano Vista
Why: This is a week to earn some points on the leaderboard. I have to go Volcano Vista for another week.

Last edited:
Reactions: katiebug4545
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News