ADVERTISEMENT

Will any team go undefeated in 2015? I give my opinion

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Come one, come all. Who do you think will go undefeated in either the regular season or stay perfect through December.

How likely is it that a team will go perfect? I don't know if it happens often but for the sake of a Wednesday and an hour to burn I'll give my non-expert opinion.

Teams Considered: Some 6A-4A teams. Well, because I only had an hour and I ran out of time.

5. CENTENNIAL HAWKS (Last Season: 11-2, 4-1)
Class 5A | NMPreps.com Pre-Season Ranking (#5 All Classes) (#1 5A)

Biggest Challenge: Las Cruces High School (Week 4). This for one will be the reason folks so that no way in ... that they will go undefeated. However, who says they can't make the upset again after an "easy" game the week before against Socorro (TX) who went 2-8 last season.

Two Other Difficult Challenges: Onate came in ranked 12th and Belen 20th. Remember Belen was the only team that defeated Centennial in 2014.

Last Word: Regular Season Chance but yes unlikely with LCHS in the way. Plus, Artesia could repeat as champs.

[Cool Photo Here of the Hawks - Don't have one lol]

4. MIYAMURA PATRIOTS (Last Season: 10-2, 3-1)
Class 5A | NMPreps.com Pre-Season Ranking (#26)

Biggest Challenge: Well, I am awaiting a full schedule (C'mon coach or schedule person). I'll say Albuquerque High (Oct. 2). I favor Aztec to win again in this district but I am a fan of AHS coach. Can I have a shirt? (haha)

Two Other: Aztec (Nov. 6). Okay you knew that, I said it above. The other well of the four game listed. Uh.... Gallup or Tohatchi? I'll take the rival. Since I had too.

Last Word: They could go undefeated into the playoffs but just too much talent at the top of the 5A tier.

3. ST. PIUS X SARTANS (Last Season: 8-4, 3-0)
Class 5A | NMPreps.com Pre-Season Ranking (#21)

Biggest Challenge: Lovington High School (October 16th). Only seven games left and I'm far too lazy to do some investigating. So of the 7 Lovington might be the biggest challenge coming in ranked 36th.

Two Other Difficult Challenges: Maybe..... Moriarty. Yeah and I'll be a homer and say Grants.

Last Word: Regular season opportunity without seeing the other three games. State Champs? Ehh like before I like Artesia.

[Cool Graph of the teams who go undefeated and how likely here. Don't know this information haha]

2. HATCH VALLEY BEARS (Last Season: 9-4, 2-2)
Class 4A | NMPreps.com Ranking (#40)

Biggest Challenge: Cobre (Oct. 23). Not the defending champ Ruidoso Warriors? No, not on this line at least. Cobre and Hatch Valley could be the Title game for 4A. Yup another prediction that means nothings

Two Others: Ruidoso (Sept. 4th) and Silver (Oct. 16th). Well, why not we all know these teams are solid.

Last Word: Well, I could see them playing for the title. That means I think they could go undefeated. Why not?

1. LAS CRUCES BULLDAWGS (Last Season: 6-6, 2-2)
Class 6A | NMPreps.com Pre-Season Ranking (Coming Soon #1-#4)

Biggest Challenge: Rio Rancho (Sept. 18th). Yes, go ahead and say Mayfield or those other Texas teams that I know nothing about. They are the defending champs (guess that's sort of like saying because I said so).

Two Other Difficult: Mayfield (Nov. 6th) and Artesia (Oct. 2). See I didn't leave them off. Artesia, well because why not. (yes another cop-out answer.

Last Word: Honestly, in my terribly-non/expert-bored poster opinion I could see them end December without a loss. Oops yup I pick them to go, dare I say, UNDEFEATED. What does that mean? Nothing (haha). Plus I had to pick a 6A team, right for the sake of someone to tell me I'm wrong.

So... well, my fellow posters: Any chance of an undefeated team? I think some could be perfect (Read above haha) heading into the playoffs, is that bold well probably not but maybe. Just trying to have some fun on this board and on the hunt to get "LIKES". Gunning for 1,000 haha.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News