ADVERTISEMENT

All Class Dual State Championship.

Cool_arrow22

Junior High (Starter)
Nov 30, 2013
After seeing many of the results this year I think a Dual State Championship would be very interesting, competetive and Prestigious?
I have had a chance to see quite a few duals and have been impressed with the parity and match ups across the board. Its also been impressive to watch some of the smaller schools battle against the big schools.

In 3A This year it looks like it's Cobre, but its not far off to say that a top 5 finsh would include a Silver, St. Mikes, Robertson, or Bloomfield
In 4A Capital and Deming have knocked off some 5A competiton. Belen is coming around at the right time and PV of course, would be the team to beat this year.
In 5A Rio Rancho Cleveland and Rio Grande are top teams, but Las Cruces with their full line up was impressive and Eldorado is getting better and better. Add Atrisco, Volcano and Manzano.

A couple of others that I have had a chance to see who were competetive were
Los Lunas (Traditonal Power)
Taos (Made championship pool in Silver City)
Goddaard (was close to making championship pool In Silver City)
Aztec( I haven't seen but,,, It's Aztec)
Moriarity

Good Luck trying to predict the top 5 of from this group? Would it change year in and and year out? I'm sure it will. Does 3A ever have a shot at winning it all? Dang right they do and like I said, making the top 5 from this group would be very prestigious and I am certian that the top 5 would completely change from year to year and always include some 3A teams.

Yes, keep the individual state Championship the way it is. This is just a thought and something I know the NMAA brought up to coaches but was shot down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News