Blog: QB1 Series

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
Couch Potato: QB1

Related: HBO's Ballers (Updated)

The new series that I had to watch from start to finish without moving was QB1 on (go90.com). The series was directed by Peter Berg, who was the director of my favorite TV series of all time - Friday Night Lights.

This show, however, is on the true life events of three quarterbacks - Tate Martell, Jake Fromm, and Tayvon Bowers. Martell is now a freshman at Ohio State, Fromm at Georgia and Bowers at Wake Forest.

The show is well done, don't doubt Peter Berg dude is a magician with HS football.

It was compelling throughout and I was intrigued with each episode. It was an insight to one of the nations top HS programs at Bishop Gorman along with the affects some young stars have to overcome the pressure to win.

Maybe, the kid I liked the most was Fromm. He was the small town type of kid that wanted to do everything he could to win. I was a little question-marked that he decided to play (I won't play spoiler if you haven't seen it). Either way, he was a great role model with an amazing work ethic.

Should You Watch: Yes
Grade: A- (Only FNL will ever be a A+)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT