ADVERTISEMENT

Should New Mexico really have 6A?

I actually understand why we do. If we didn't then the difference in one class from the top to bottom when it comes to enrollment would be huge and the bottom schools would not be able to compete I'm their class.

How many state titles in football would Lovington, St. Mikes and Robertson have if we still had the 4 class system?

I actually understand why we do. If we didn't then the difference in one class from the top to bottom when it comes to enrollment would be huge and the bottom schools would not be able to compete I'm their class.

How many state titles in football would Lovington, St. Mikes and Robertson have if we still had the 4 class system?

Im not trying to knock the Roswell schools but they have benefited with the extra classification.

Reactions: Joey C
Centennial will be moving up soon , would they have beaten Hobbs two out of three or even gotten past Cleveland in the 6A playoffs? I personally would say yes they benefitted. Other people may say they would have won state in 6A in Basketball this year.Either way they will be 6A soon.

Joey C. makes a good point that Lovington, St. Mikes, and Robertson would not have as many titles if we still only had 4 classes. I like the extra classifications for schools like this, but overall I think it was fine having only 4 classifications. Centennial very well may have won 6A had they been it, but it would have been a much tougher road. They were really good but so were Hobbs and Cleveland. Plus some of the other 6A teams were good enough to beat them on a given night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT