The OT: Blogging New Mexico Road Trips

J Grine

NMPreps Hall Of Fame
Staff
Oct 31, 2010
Rio Rancho
The OT: Blogging New Mexico Road Trips

NM Blogs: Navajo Lake

As many of you know I travel a lot for work. This past weekend I drove north to Denver for a week. However, this blog is not designed for other states even though I leave the state twice a month.

This New Mexico Road Trip Blog will be on a road that I've never set my eyes on. The Road is 120, coming south from Denver you exit at Wagon Mound and head east for several miles until you hit a very small town called Ocate. This ride was one of the most relaxing that you could experience. It was straight out of a movie or a stand still picture.

We hit Ocate and took a picture of a little church in basically the center of the town. We then went south to Mora and along the way taking some more pictures that feature another church.

Report Card

Drive: A-
Remarks: Northern New Mexico continues to have some of the best roads that I've seen. For the second week I went on a road that I've never been on. I loved last week but this week had a little extra plus little to no traffic outside a pack of motorcycles.

Eye Test: A+
Remarks: I don't know if it could get much better. This drive was the ease any person would need. You'll see in the photos however those photos will not do justice.

Food: A
Remarks: The journey ends at a common place that I eat at a lot. Charlie's in Las Vegas, NM. I don't know if it could get any better. The stuff sopa people.

Overall: A
Remarks: The road leads to different lakes, Angel Fire resort and other hidden diamonds in New Mexico. Overall, I will take this road again. I know I don't want to get the bar to high early in the blog but 2 for 2.

zTgOiFt.jpg

9UARp5A.jpg

bWWBahQ.jpg

5M5Sy4V.jpg

TAP6IyJ.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News